About UsPace-O-Matic has built a talented leadership team and created a unique company culture. Our success is founded upon integrity, innovation, and compliance.
The Michael Pace Story
Michael Pace has designed and programmed video games and gaming devices for the coin-operated amusement game industry for more than 44 years. He has founded and presided over manufacturing businesses producing some of the industry’s best-selling and most popular games. He is acclaimed as the father of the countertop video game, and many more accolades. Here are a few highlights from his interesting and remarkable life.
- Pace cofounded Digital Controls to manufacture and market coin-operated video games.
- Little Casino bar-top game debuted in 1980, becoming the top-selling game of the day with more than 250,000 units sold.
- In 1984, Cowboy Casino was launched with laser tech. Cowboy Casino was the first truly interactive videodisc-based coin-operated game.
- Pace left Digital Controls to establish US Games in 1986.
- In 1986, Pace developed Turbo 340, a powerful bitmap graphics controller board, which would become the worlds’ most broadly use platform for game creation.
- Pace’s Pot of Gold pull tab put Pace and US Games at the technological forefront of a new market.
- By 1994, Pot-O-Gold was the first machine installed in 1994 Foxwoods Casino in CT.
- In 1996, Pace sold US Games.
- Pace founded Pace-O-Matic in 2000.
Our Mission and Values
Pace-O-Matic’s mission is to build the best earning games that are legal and defensible.
Our values are innovation, compliance, and integrity. These qualities make us a true leader in the industry, with a history of demonstrated service and customer loyalty.
Innovation is in our DNA, following the groundbreaking legacy of our founder Michael Pace. Our games not only meet legal standards, they draw players to venues, which can create jobs and successful business for all.
Compliance is the bedrock of our systems. We design our games to be skill-based rather than chance-based, so our systems can be played where no others can. We take pride in creating the best-earning, legally compliant systems on the planet.
Integrity means our systems are recognized for transparency and quality in our industry and by regulators. It also means Pace-O-Matic employees act with honesty and respect as they go about their jobs.
Pace-O-Matic is a responsible corporate citizen in every state in which we operate. We provide outstanding support to the business owners who sponsor our games, and we believe it is part of our mission to support the health and welfare of our neighbors in the towns where our games are found.
With this in mind, Pace-O-Matic has created charitable foundations in some of our largest markets. In Virginia, The Queen Gives was established in September 2018 and has donated more than $1.1 million to the community to date. In October 2018, Pennsylvania Skill Charitable Giving was established and has donated more than $600,000 to charitable causes in Pennsylvania in its first year.
We are proud to contribute to charitable causes that support local families and organizations in our communities.